Kobus Van Der Wath, Founder & Group Managing Director, The Beijing Axis
Kobus is the Founder and Group Managing Director of The Beijing Axis (www.thebeijingaxis.com), an international advisory and procurement firm operating in four principal areas: Strategy, Procurement, Commodities and Capital. Clients include global multinationals with a ‘China/Asia agenda’; and Chinese/Asian multinational firms with a ‘go-global agenda’.
Kobus has been working in Asia for over 20 years and is based in Beijing. Before founding The Beijing Axis, he was Head of Investment Strategy and Global Market Research for Asia Pacific for Standard Chartered Bank Plc and, prior to that, he was a Senior Strategy Consultant with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in Asia. In his early career, he was an Emerging Market Investment Strategist in London; a Treasury Economist with Standard Merchant Bank in Johannesburg; and an Economist with the South African Reserve Bank in Pretoria.
New Trends in Global Sourcing – Strategic Imperatives for a Fast Changing World
– The backdrop – Trends in offshoring, reshoring and nearshoring
– China’s new role in an ever-changing and dynamic world
– New markets that are challenging China to compete globally
– Product and category strategies in this new environment
– Organizing for success – strategies and tactics to win